Dental veneers are the latest up-to-date cosmetic dentistry method for you while dental crowns help restore damaged teeth aesthetically or used to cover dental implants, etc. So what are dental veneers?
Totally different with dental crown which covers full portion of the tooth above the gum line, dental veneer is wafer-thin laminate made of porcelain, composite or resins materials, customized to cover only the front surface of front teeth. Dental veneers are bonded to the front of the teeth transforming their color, shape, size, or length. When is dental veneer a great idea? Dental veneer is modern cosmetic dentistry method merely for incisors. These laminates are bonded to the surface of front teeth in order to create an even better appearance than the original tooth, design shining, appealing smiles.
You may need dental veneers if you: Dental veneers look like natural teeth. Veneers can be used to correct a wide range of dental issues, such as:
- Have gap or space between your front teeth
- Have misshapen teeth
- Chipped or worn teeth
- Have heavily discolored teeth which can’t be bleached
- Have short and small teeth
- Have slightly misaligned teeth
Advantages of Dental Veneers
- Longer-lasting and more aesthetic than composite resin bonding
- Resist coffee and tea stains, and cigarette smoke
- Don’t require the extensive shaping prior to the procedure that crowns do, resulting in less tooth sensitivity, more tooth preservation, less impact on dental pulp.
- Less costly than orthodontic treatment in some misalignment cases
- Short treatment time